MannaCare Home Maintenance Service, funded under the Commonwealth Home Support Programme (CHSP), aims to provide advice and assistance with home and garden maintenance to help maintain a safe, habitable and healthy home environment for older people and those with a disability.
We do small and minor repairs, and also offer spring cleaning and emergency short-term gardening services.
In addition, we offer CHSP Occupational Therapy services which can assist older people with advice on rail modification installations and home safety assessments.
MannaCare charges fees in line with CHSP guidelines.
These services are available to any resident in the Eastern Metropolitan Region who is:
• 65 years or older,
• 50 years or older and identify as an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person, or
• 50 years or older and on a low income, homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Typically, the home maintenance service can help with:
- installing ramps, steps and handrails
- doing minor home modifications (such as minor carpentry and shower hardware modifications)
- changing light bulbs, tap washers and smoke detector batteries
- cleaning gutters (by blower in designated fire-prone areas only)
- outside windows (although conditions do apply here, please check with us)
- pressure wash mossy paths
Our spring cleaning service can help with:
- doing high dusting
- washing internal walls and windows
- cleaning kitchen stoves, ovens, microwaves and fridges
- cleaning cupboards and skirting boards
MannaCare Emergency Short-Term Gardening can help clients to manage gardening tasks for up to 6 months while recovering from an illness. This is a short-term service only and a My Aged Care referral is required.
- mowing lawns on a normal-sized block (one not exceeding 800sq metres)
- doing edge trimming and blowing
- trimming low bushes and branches (where ladders aren’t needed)
People can either apply directly for the service or be referred through a range of CHSP assessors.
We also accept referrals from the State-wide Equipment Program (SWEP), with referrals coming through occupational therapists of treating health services.
For all Home Maintenance Services enquiries, call MannaCare on
1300 90 20 23.
Home modifications and safety assessments
An Occupational Therapist is funded by the Commonwealth Home Support Programme to do home modifications and safety assessments. Please make all referral enquires by calling MannaCare on 1300 90 20 23