Program for Oncology Wellness and Exercise Rehabilitation
Having a cancer diagnosis doesn’t mean you can’t exercise.
MannaCare is running POWER – a program for oncology wellness and exercise rehabilitation.
We are committed to providing an evidence-based exercise and wellness program over 12 weeks that supports the individual to take part in safe physical activity during and after treatment for cancer. We aim to empower, educate and connect those who take part.
Benefits of exercise in cancer treatment
Research supports the use of exercise as a medicine for those going through oncology treatment.
The benefits of a prescribed exercise program include:
- Improves quality of life
- Reduces symptoms of nausea, fatigue and low mood
- Improves body composition
- Reduces loss of bone mineral density associated with some treatments and medication
About the program
- 12 weeks supervised exercise program with an exercise physiologist and physiotherapist
- Individualised exercise program to suit your needs
- Connect with those on a similar journey
- Social encouragement and community support
The program will support those who have been diagnosed with cancer within the previous two years to transition into a community gym in a safe and supervised nature to emPOWER them in achieving their physical activity goals. Download the flyer.
You may be eligible for this program if you are:
- Over 18 years of age
- Have had cancer treatment within the last two years
You may also be eligible for rebates through your healthcare provider.
If you are unsure about your eligibility, please contact MannaCare.
For Further Information
Please call MannaCare on 1300 90 20 23
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The POWER Program was launched on Tuesday 20th November, 2018 at MannaCare. It was attended by MannaCare, Manningham City Council and Bendigo Bank Doncaster East & Templestowe Village Community® Branch Representatives.
Read a published article about the launch of POWER on Aged Care Online.